Last week i showed off the new cover I’d made for Lost Dogs #4: Lost Naked Furious. I created it myself, and it worked out a whole lot better than I’d expected – plus it was a lot of fun.

As such, I decided to update the covers for the previous books too.

Overall, I’m happy with the result. Have a look:

 

In the final version, the text on book #1 is a bit more greyed out, and the same with book #3, but other than that, these are the final images.

As you can see, the fourth one doesn’t really match the other three. It’s a bit of a shame, because I really like how it turned out. I wanted to try and replicate that in the other ones, but wasn’t quite able to. I didn’t find stock images to match, and then I got carried away with other ideas.

I’ll keep tinkering with it though.

I want to learn to use the software (Gimp) better, and hopefully I’ll come up with something cool.

Finally, I got some very nice feedback on the fourth cover, here, and so I’m really reluctant to change it.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s